Colloquially known as The Mother City and also one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Located on the shores of Table Bay and overlooked by the now world-famous Table Mountain, which forms a dramatic mountainous backdrop enclosing the central area of the city of Cape Town.
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa (3 nights)
Dramatically located above the Atlantic Ocean, flanked by the majestic Twelve Apostles and Table Mountain, the 12A (as it is affectionately known) sits. Unparalleled views of the ocean and mountains. In the Table Mountain Nature Reserve and with a Marine Reserve in front.
Things to do in Cape Town:
- Enjoy a movie in the hotels’ private Movie theatre.
- A picnic at one of our magnificent picnic spots, with photo opportunities on Stanley’s Rock.
- For the hikers: hike up to Lions Head and for the more energetic, a hike up Table Mountain.
- Visit the Constantia Winelands, a 7-minute drive from 12 Apostles.
- Scenic drive along Chapmans Peak, vetted to be one of the most scenic in the world.
- Enjoy fish and chips in the quaint town of Hout Bay after visiting the seals on Seal Island.
- Take a cable car up Table Mountain.
- Visit Robben Island - where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated for 27 years.
Transfer to Cape Town Airport for your flight to Kruger Mpumalanga Airport, where you will be transferred (light aircraft or road) to the Sabi Sands.
The Sabi Sands
The Sabi Sands Game Reserve is a 65,000-hectare reserve, pioneered by local landowners in the 1950s, and shares a border with the world-famous Kruger National Park. Today many of these families are now third and fourth-generation landowners, their legacy being the successful conservation of the highest density of big game in South Africa.
Boulders Lodge (3 nights)
Located on the banks of the Sand River in Singita’s privately owned reserve within Sabi Sand in South Africa, is Singita Boulders Lodge. The lodge's architecture was inspired by the ancient boulders on which it rests and the 12 glass-fronted suites feature spacious interiors. At the lodge, you will enjoy frequent leopard sightings amongst 450,000 acres of untouched wilderness.
Things to do at Sabi Sabi:
- Morning and evening game drives
- Morning guided bush walk
- Morning transfer to airport for flight back to Johannesburg and then to Victoria Falls.
Upon arrival in the magical Victoria Falls, you will be met and transferred to the iconic Victoria Falls Hotel.
Victoria Falls or as it is locally known ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ – The Smoke that Thunders, is possibly the most famous waterfall in the world, located on the Zambezi River, providing a habitat for several unique plant and animal species. David Livingstone, the Scottish missionary and explorer, is believed to be the first European to view Victoria Falls on the 16th November 1855. He named his sighting in honor of Queen Victoria. It is a World Heritage Site.
The Victoria Falls Hotel (2 nights)
Like The Oyster Box Hotel in Durban, The Vic Falls Hotel (as it is affectionately known) is a matriarch in the Southern Africa region with incredible history and luxury. Steeped in history, the hotel was originally built in 1904 as accommodation for the workers building the Victoria Falls Bridge. The bridge was built as part of Cecil John Rhodes’ dream of a railway line stretching from Cape to Cairo.
Things to do in Victoria Falls:
- Enjoy a G&T on the verandah of the Vic Falls Hotel – it always tastes better in Africa.
- An essential tour of the falls - don’t forget to use the raincoat and take an umbrella in peak flood times, although getting soaked is part of the fun!
- For the adrenaline junkies: bungee jumping and white water rafting.
- An incredible sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River - there is nothing better than an African Sunset.
- The Flight of Angels.
- Enjoy lunch at The Lookout Café.
Morning transfer to Kasane in Botswana, for your light aircraft transfer through to the Okavango.
The Okavango Delta
An incredible natural phenomenon that turns this part of Botswana into a swamp inland delta. All the water that flows into the delta is ultimately evaporated and does not flow into any sea or ocean. Traditionally about 11 cubic kilometers of water spread over the 6000 - 15,000km2 area. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Moremi Game Reserve, a National Park, is on the Eastern side of the Delta.
Xigera Safari Lodge (3 nights)
This is the story of an ancient place; of rebirth, of family legacy, and of a lodge that is so pioneering, so authentic, that it reinvents the very idea of what it means to experience the African bush. This is Xigera (pronounced “Kee-jera” and named after the pied kingfisher), a bold new statement in Botswana’s most unspoilt wilderness, opening in 2020 on the western side of the Moremi Game Reserve in the heart of the Okavango Delta.
Xigera is a labour of love, a miraculous and enchanting transformation that will create experiences that are, quite simply, extraordinary.
Activities at Xigera Safari Lodge:
- Morning and afternoon game drives.
- Walking safaris.
- Seasonal fishing.